Equality and Diversity Policy
Wellspring Surgery is committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination, ensuring full compliance with the Equalities Act 2010. We want our workforce to be truly representative of society and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. The surgery is fully committed against unlawful discrimination of all visitors and members of staff.
Wellspring Surgery has a zero tolerance approach to discrimination and abuse.
We operate an Equality and Diversity Policy as follows:
The term ‘visitor’ refers to anyone (including patients and their family members, other visitors and contractors) making use of the Surgery premises and services. Our policy is designed to ensure and promote equality and inclusion, supporting the ethos and requirements of the Equality Act 2010 for all visitors and staff.
- Will ensure that all visitors are treated with dignity and respect
- Will promote equality of opportunity between all genders
- Will not tolerate any discrimination against, or harassment of, any visitor for reason of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
- Will provide equal opportunity to access services (including the ability to register with the Practice) to any visitor irrespective of age, sex, marital status, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief
Discrimination by the Practice against you
If you feel discriminated against:
- You should bring the matter to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- The Operations Manager will investigate the matter thoroughly and confidentially within 10 working days.
- The Operations Manager will provide you with a copy of our complaints procedure.
- The Operations Manager will establish the facts, and decide whether discrimination has taken place and advise you of the outcome of the investigation within 20 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you should raise a formal complaint through our Complaints Procedure.
Discrimination against the Practice’s staff
The Practice will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment of our staff by any visitor. Any visitor, who expresses any form of discrimination against, or harassment of, any member of our staff, will be required to leave the Practice’s premises immediately. If the visitor is a patient, he/she may be removed from the Practice patient list if any such behaviour occurs at the full discretion of the Practice Management Team.