Statement of Purpose Policy
Location of services: Wellspring Surgery, Beam Street, Bristol, BS5 9QY.
Tel: 0117 9557711
Type of business: Partnership
Under the Health and Social Care Act 2008 every registered provider must have a Statement of Purpose.
A Statement of Purpose is a document which includes a standard required set of information about a service. The Statement describes:
- The Provider’s aims and objectives in providing the service
- The kinds of service provided
- The health or care needs the service sets out to meet
- The locations where the services are actually provided or provided from
- Details from the provider including their legal status, and any manager, including the ‘address for service’ for all registered persons.
Our Mission Statement
To work in partnership with our patients to improve their health outcomes.
Our patients’ needs are at the heart of everything we do. We commit to being compassionate, respectful and to protect the dignity of our patients and their families. We strive to support our staff in our pursuit of providing high quality and effective care to all.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To provide the best possible quality service for our patients within a confidential and safe environment.
- To show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem. To treat all our patients as individuals and with the same respect as we would wish for ourselves and our families.
- To involve our patients in decisions regarding their treatment and to be transparent in the care we provide.
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting good health and wellbeing to our patients through education and information
- To work in partnership with other healthcare professionals in the care of our patients to tackle the causes of, as well as provide the treatment for ill health.
- To work with Patients, health, social care and voluntary sector partners to mitigate health inequalities.
- To encourage our patients to get involved in the practice through both the patient participation group and the annual survey.
- To ensure that all member of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently.
- To take care of our staff by offering them support to do their jobs and protect them against abuse.
- Have a zero tolerance of all forms of abuse
- To operate on a sustainable financial basis
The PMS services provided by our GPs are defined under the Personal Medical Services Contract.
Core Hours: means the period beginning at 8 00am and ending at 6 30pm on any day from Monday to Friday except Good Friday, Christmas Day or bank holidays
Out of hours - Enhanced Access: 6.30-8pm on Monday and Tuesday and Wellspring Surgery contributes to the enhanced access provision in Bristol Inner City and East Locality rota for Friday 6.30pm - 8pm and Saturday 9-5pm. Wellspring Surgery provides the Open Doors clinic for patients with most complex needs and access difficulties as part of its enhanced access provision.
We provide essential services for people who have health conditions from which they are expected to recover, chronic disease management and general management of terminally ill patients.
Our core services include:
- GP consultations
- Minor Illness
- Chronic disease management: Asthma, COPD, CHD, Atrial Fibrillation, Diabetes
- Palliative Care
Our additional services include:
- Cervical screening
- Childhood vaccines and immunisations
- Maternity medical services
- Vaccinations and immunisations
- Minor surgery
- Medication reviews
Direct Enhanced Services
Our enhanced services include:
- Bristol Inner City Primary Care Network
- Flu immunisations
- Long covid
- Weight management
- Learning Disability Health Checks
- New baby and Mum checks
Local Enhanced Services
- Care home enhanced services
- Dementia reviews
- ADHD shared care
- Specialist medicines reconciliation
Our Practice also offers services including:
- Child health and development
- Phlebotomy community
- Phlebotomy secondary care requests
- Pulse oximetry
- 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Depo injections
- Ear care
- ECGs (electrical heart trace)
- Medication review
- Mental health
- Stop smoking support
- Travel advice
- Women’s health
Our Practice also provides services which are non NHS and are paid for by the patient. These services include:
Patient Records - Repeat request
- Computerised Records Summary
- Access to medical records
Letters & Forms
- Fit to exercise / diet / appear on tv etc.
- Fit to Fly letter
- Holiday cancellation provided to company
- Holiday Cancellation Insurance Claim
- Home Office form
- Insurance form
- Insurance letter
- Private letter, e.g housing, confirmation of registration
- Childminder health form
- Health declaration booklet (childminding)
- HGV Medical
- Taxi Medical
- Full medical & report
- Typed insurance report
- Supplementary insurance report
- Employment report
- Accident or sickness policy report
- Typed solicitors report
- Solicitors form
- School absence insurance claim
- Medical certificate – travel
- Power of attorney appointment & assessment (in surgery)
- Power of attorney appointment & assessment (in home)
- Private prescription (charge at Doctor’s discretion)
- Private Malaria prescription
- Private sick note
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.